Tim Lantz’s commitment to history has earned him the respect of local preservation groups, scores of satisfied clients and an even longer list of homeowners seeking his expertise.
- Great American Home Awards – Grand Prize, sponsored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, for the rescue and rehabilitation of an earthquake-ravaged 1887 Queen Anne Victorian in the town of Los Gatos.
- California Preservation Foundation Annual Design Award (1994)
- Custom Builder – Builder of the Month (1995)
- Recognized by Remodeling and Victorian Homes national magazines
- Cultural Resources Commissioner for the town of Morgan Hill
- Victorian Preservation Association of Santa Clara Valley (consultant)
- Architectural Review Board for the City of Morgan Hill (board member)
|“When I first hired Tim Lantz to rebuild the sagging eves of my 1916 Prairie Style house I had no idea it would be the start of a historic renovation project that would span over a decade. His patience was bottomless and his knowledge of and sympathy for the original materials and design of my home made it possible for me to bring it back to life. I can’t recommend Tim strongly enough. My primary concern was that in attempting to restore my home, I would inadvertently ruin it by hiring someone who didn’t understand the difference between renovation and historic preservation. Tim saved me from this fate and I will always be grateful to him for that.” -Mark Hapner|